The City of Lyon Urban Community (Communauté Urbaine du Grand Lyon), the Rhone-Alps Regional Council (Conseil Régional Rhône-Alpes), the Rhone River – Méditerranée & Corse Basin Water Authority and EDF (Electricity of France), in partnership with the World Water Council, the French Water Partnership and the GRAIE will host from 29th to 31st October, 2014 in Lyon an international conference based on the theme:
“Water & Energy interactions: strategic challenges to territorial development and impacts on food and health.”
This conference is looking at being a transition from the 6th Marseilles World Water Forum in 2012 to the next one (March 2015 in Daegu, South Korea) and will also bridge with the COP 21 meeting (Dec. 2015 in Paris, France). Thus, it sets itself into the preparatory process of the 7th World Water Forum and intends to showcase local authorities’ international involvement on these strategic issues.
The Conference objectives are:
- to reach out to international actors and to make decisions upon strategic issues with respect to regulatory policy frameworks;
- to shed light on strategic local projects and know-how, such as the Greater Lyon Authority region, Rhone river – Mediterranean and Corsican Water Authority and many others;
- to make the case for territorial development (competitiveness and attractiveness) and local economic development, which are at a crossroads for any major prospects for growth; and
- to improve scientific recognition, dissemination and uses of communications on projects.
- to formalize the progresses made so far as regards policies and strategies related to water and energy issues
- to exchange on technical and governance solutions / innovations
More info, follow the link.